Are you a brick-and-mortar business? How do others find you aside from walking past your door? In order to grow, something needs to be added to your advertising scheme. How about a website? Below are eight reasons why your business is already suffering without it.
Remember when all people asked for was business cards and brochures? If you attended a networking event empty handed, that was exactly how you were going to leave – with nothing. Advertising is still the rage and people do take business cards, but there is one difference – the content on the card has changed. Traditional addresses have been replaced by website addresses.
My Business Needs a Website Now |Reasons for Creating a Website
Still on the fence about a website? It’s time to hop off, and here’s why.
- You are out of the loop – Just like no one would gave you a second thought if you didn’t have a card or brochure, when they find out you don’t have a website for your business, you become “persona non grata.”
- An excellent advertising tool – While you have all those brochures, flyers, business cards and ads already, make them perform double duty by adding your website address to them. People can share your information with potential customers who are not local so they can see what you are offering as well.
- Your business is never closed – Just like those diners what are “Open All Night,” you are as well, but without the need to actually be awake for it. Potential customers can find helpful information any time of the day or night. If you have an e-commerce store set up, they can also make a purchase while you sleep.
- Pay more attention to making money – Instead of answering the same question for the umpteenth time over the phone or through email, use a FAQ page on your website.
- Save money in the long run – Yes, you will save money even if you pay a professional to handle the set-up of your site. Over time, the monthly cost will decrease as your business increases.
- Build brand and credibility – A business that invests in a website shows a commitment to building the business. You can create a logo and a brand for all to see, while being seen as a professional in your industry. Compelling content that is fresh also builds reputation and credibility.
- Updates are easy – Want customers to know about a new product line? Advertise on your website. This makes email marketing easy because you don’t have to fill your copy with information they can find on your site. Simply plug the new stuff and direct them to the landing page.
- Customers multiply like rabbits – A website has a worldwide audience. Instead of just those who live in Poughkeepsie, you can reach people in New Delhi, Tokyo and Vancouver. Everyone who might be interested in what you have to offer can find you.
So what are you waiting for? That website won’t build itself.